Close this search box.
Close this search box.

Behavior Assistant Jobs


First Children Services hires behavioral assistants to work with youth and families, assisting them with addressing topics such as: behavioral challenges, anger management, low self-esteem, lack of confidence, increasing socialization, communication, interpersonal relationships, and familial issues.

Behavioral assistants must demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with other providers on the youth’s team, as well as be an active team member. The BA must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people in varied positions/agencies, and with children of all levels of functionality. Additionally, the BA must be willing to accept varied job assignments, including on-site and off-site training, toileting, feeding, etc. A Bachelor’s Degree is required to obtain certification as a BA in the State of NJ.

BA Job Functions:

  • provide direct service to youth in the home and community of the youth.
  • implement behavioral interventions
  • carry out BAISP plans developed by the clinician assigned to the case.
  • provide authorized service hours as determined by the referring agency.
  • maintain contact with the referring agency.
  • submit all required paperwork in a timely manner.
  • attend required supervision to comply with Medicaid standards.
  • attend Child/Family meetings as required by the referring agency.
  • attend staff meetings and training as required.
  • obtain and/or maintain BA Certification (must be obtained within 6 months of hire).
  • demonstrate proficiency in the use of the Electronic Health Record.

Requirements include:

  • CPR/First Aid Certification.
  • Negative TB Test
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Special Education, learning disabilities, social work, or related field.
  • Valid driver’s license in good standing.

First Children Services employs behavior assistants in Atlantic County, Bergen County, Burlington County, Camden County, Cape May County, Mercer County, and Union County.